Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Daughters and Sex Education

Recently my then 11 years old daughter, Mina, asked her 19 years old sister, Emma, about sex, prompting the 19 year old to immediately phone 22 year old sister, Erica, in New Orleans for help. Erica's response was, "Look. Mom told me, I told you, you tell Mina. Mina tells Dhara. That way, no one has to do it twice!"I now have the greatest respect for my oldest daughter. A simple plan that alleviates pain and DOES NOT INVOLVE DAD AT ALL! A few weeks later, during a game of telephone at the dinner table turned my contentment into concern.

During the game, the phrase, "Spring Flowers" four family members later became "Stripper Showers". "My God"! I thought, "What will Dhara be learning three sisters later!" I had mom arrange for a sex education course through the local school system, immediately.

A month later, as instructed by mom, I dropped off Mina at the designated course location and asked what time to pick her up. The instructed chuckled, "Oh no. You stay!", and handed me diagrams of various genitalia to color in. Mina grinned at embarrassed dad, much like her oldest sister did during her "It's a penis" conversation 19 years earlier (See previous post for details). I promptly telephoned Maureen, I mean Daya, to leave work early and attend class, 'CAUSE THAT'S WHAT SEAN THORNTON WOULD HAVE DONE, DAMNED IT! (see previous post if you don't know who Sean Thornton is). Daya, like a good Mrs Thornton, did arrive a few minutes later and I left for home. Two hours later, mom and Mina arrive home with a rainbow colored penis. I pulled mom aside and asked her to instruct Mina to neever touch a penis that looked like that, EVER!







No comments:

Post a Comment