Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wedding Planning

I'm heading on over to the teapot yesterday when my determined eight years old daughter stepped directly so suddenly into my path that I almost knocked her over. I looked down at her big brown eyes looking back at me. It wasn't the daughter I tucked into bed the night before. She was serious man. It was like staring into Caesar Chavez's face during a tense negotiation.

"Dad!", Dhara began.

"Yes daughter" was all I could muster.

"When I get married", she continued, "When I get married, way in the future, can I have a wedding in the Spring?"

"Sure", I smiled and assured her.

"On a Saturday?", she continued.

"I guess so." I said.

"And in a garden?", Dhara added.

"OK" I answered with a shrug.

"Good!" she said satisfied but still a tad serious and turned and left the room.

"What the hell?!" I said as I turned to my wife for an explanation and continued, "She's 8 and wants to plan her wedding? Hell, I was in the woods looking for the bat cave after school at that age."

"She's a girl, George" was my wife's only reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment