Tuesday, June 1, 2010

4 years Olds Make Great Paid Informants

My wife, Daya, is a Physical therapist who operated out of our home in a New Orleans suburb for a few years. Visiting hours were scheduled for the interval when I was at the Indonique Tea & Chai Cafe in the city and Mina, aged 4, was at daycare. Things went swimmingly until one day when Mina was home with a cold. When I arrived home, she met me at the door and told me, before I could get out a 'good afternoon' or 'hiya Mina', that "a strange man was at the house to see mom and he took off his shirt!" She appeared concerned almost angry. I reassured her it was a patient and OK, then gave her a dollar telling her she was a good girl for telling me and there was a dollar in it for her every time she told me about a shirtless man in the house. By the end of the month, according to a suddenly money-conscious Mina, Daya was sleeping with every man in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment