Thursday, September 23, 2010

Picture Day at School

Dhara, aged 8, walks into the kitchen this morning dressed in a sun dress and presented two pairs of shoes to me. Instinct is to say, "What?" But I'm like experienced man. It's picture day and she wants me to help her to decide which pair to wear.

Instinct says, "They don't photograph your feet dear, wear whatever is warmest or more comfortable." But I've been here many times before.

I tell her, "Both the white and gold look great with that outfit. But the gold sets off the gold in your brown eyes like a sunset on some distant exotic planet."

She smiles broadly as she turns with a slight dip and skips off to her bedroom to finish dressing. She returns several minutes later, completely content ......... wearing the white shoes.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment