Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sacrifices We Make for Our Children

My 8 years old brought home a corrected homework assignment from school yesterday that had a hand written note on it from the teacher simply stating, "I wish Dhara would participate more in class".

I could have gone all hippy over the note and had a long talk about participating with my daughter. I could have made excuses for her in a return note to the teacher. I could also have gone all Nazi-like in a return note that stated, clearly Dhara's work is just fine and perhaps the teacher should be concentrating more on the students and proper homework assignments.

But I didn't think any of these approaches was beneficial to my daughter. So, as per my usual mode of teacher to parent communication, I sent a return note that both appeased the teacher and generated a great deal of sympathy for my daughter. It at least got the instructor off her case.

I replied, "Yeah, she hasn't been the same since the exorcism."

I haven't heard back from the teacher, but I'm guessing Dhara is getting extra care, coming from a challenging situation at home or is being left alone out of outright fear. Either way, no more notes frm the teacher. Now that's good parenting!


No comments:

Post a Comment