Friday, October 8, 2010

I'm like Mary!

We've already discussed this. My 8 years old, Dhara, came home from school with a note from her teacher stating that she, the teacher, wished my daughter would participate more in class. I wanted to rail on the teacher and say that inspiring the student would kind of fall into the teacher doing her job category. But I decided to play nice and replied, "I agree, but she hasn't been the same since the exorcism".

What we haven't discussed was that my 20 year old daughter, Emily, thought this was great and asked if she could go in for the parent teacher conference, which she was pretty sure would be requested. She would pretend to be Dhara's mom and when asked about the father who wrote the note would say, "There was no father", point to her self and continue, "I'm like Mary". Then she would look confused and say, "You know what that makes Dhara, huh?" with a wink. Then she'd look more confused and mutter to herself, "Kinda makes ya wonder why we needed the exorcism."

No comments:

Post a Comment