Monday, March 1, 2010

Johny Depp

While we're on the subject of Johnny Depp, my entire family is completely smitten with the old man. Yes he's an old man, nearly my age, I pointed out to my oldest 23 year old daughter. "So what happened to you?", was her reply. No respect. But that's a conversation for another post. As for Johnny, the same disrespectful daughter sent a full life-sized poster of Johnny to my youngest 5 year old daughter for her birthday. It's hanging in her room still, 2 years later, along with numerous other magazine pics of him. Our entertainment cabinet contains a DVD of every film the guy has made as well. The guy gets a speeding ticket and it becomes dinner table conversation. But one incident really sticks out in my mind when Old Johnny boys is mentioned that indicates this guys reach where women, of ALL ages, is concerned.

My youngest daughter at age 5-6 really resented being told what to do. Clean your room was the worst offense you could offer. When confronted with such egriciously inconsiderate demands, she had the habit of declaring she hated everyone, even innocent bystanders and people not in the house at the time. So when one evening her mother asked her to clean her room, when will we ever learn, she threw her crayon to the ground and stormed off to her room only to return a minute later to list the unfortunate people on her hate list. "I hate mommy!", she declared with leveled eyebrows slapping her right hand into her left and rightly so as mommy was the slave driver who made the ridiculous demand, and continued with a hand slap for each name, voice quivering with anger, "I hate Daddy and Erica and Emma", then a moment of reflection followed sweetly by, "I like Johnny Depp." then back to scowl and, "And I hate ..."






No comments:

Post a Comment