Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Scorpions, Grey Meat and The Bloggess

OK, pretty good day so far. The Bloggess, my new blogging hero, has commented on this blog. SEE MOM, I HAVE FRIENDS! And this after posting one of the most profound comments ever uttered by man or beast,
Scorpions never fall out of the sky and land on the right people.
There's so much truth and beauty in a statement like that. My 11 year old asked me to email it to her so that she send it to the right people. Personally, I'm going out to get me a jar full of the little guys. I wonder if you can trace scorpions? There's no chance of a fingerprint. DNA off its little back? I doubt it. Really, it has to be the perfect weapon. It crawls away after the attack AND HIDES ITSELF!

Anyway, the profoundness of it all has me recalling other equally profound statements. The Bloggess has some competition! Like the time my wife made her first Beef Stroganoff. Mina took one look and asked, "Why would anyone eat grey meat?!" Profound, moving but not the smartest remark. Really quiet meal that night. And one from my best friend growing up, AND STILL CLOSE FRIEND MOM, "I try to be semi-respectable. I say semi 'cause if you're too respectable, people tend to expect things of you". Wow!

Just thought I'd share.




No comments:

Post a Comment