Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lose Weight and Points While You Sleep!

I woke this morning to discover my wife already on the deck with a cup of coffee and a cookbook catching some early Spring time rays. I made my way there through the kitchen where I discovered a cup of Black tea, like I like it, indicating she kind of still likes me. "Good morning babe", I say to her as I joined her on the deck. "I'm not talking to you!" was her reply. I honestly didn't know what that was all about, but didn't react as it wasn't all that out of the norm. Around here Good morning, Good afternoon and Good evening are often replace with I'm not talking to you, I'm mad at you and my favorite I should have let my parents arrange me. She's South Asian and caused quite a stir by introducing my white ass into the millennia-old routine of we know a nice boy with good parents from the town we come from in India. But that's another blog. I take my seat and asked, "Yeah, why's that?" "Because you wouldn't dance with me!" This kind of threw me for a loop. I couldn't actually remember the last opportunity for dancing with my wife event. There was that wedding about a year ago, when she had a few too many and lost her footing on the stairs and landed on her butt. Doubtful she has much recollection of that event, a future blog I'm thinking. Then there was the Superbowl party when the Saints won and I don't recall leading a second-line, but she was probably in it anyway. "If you order the windows for the kitchen and bathroom, I can get started this weekend.", was all I could respond with as I surveyed the exterior of the house. It was quiet for a few minutes except for the bird calls around us heralding in Spring. "You know crows really got the short end of the deal when it comes to bird song, didn't they?", I casually noted. Daya, still brooding, responded with, "In my dream last night, you were just talking and socializing with everyone and refused to dance with me.", then went back to her coffee and cookbook. I took a sip of tea and said, "I'll install the sink and cabinet before I do the window. Should take two days at most." "Ooo, ya want some coffee cake? There's a recipe here!", Daya giddily threw in. "Sure, I'll help you", I responded and we headed for the kitchen.










No comments:

Post a Comment